How does ductless heating work?
August 31, 2015
If you are looking for the ultimate comfort in your home all year round, you may want to consider a ductless heating system. What is a ductless heating system and how does it work? A ductless heating system is a very quiet and highly efficient heating and cooling solution. It works with heat pump technology which enables it to distribute air evenly, throughout the intended area.
Ductless heating systems have both an outdoor and indoor unit available. The outdoor unit is mounted to a wall outside the house and connected to the indoor unit by way of cabling. By installing it this way, there is no need for ductwork, hence it is called ductless heating.
The indoor unit works with your homes’ existing heating system and can be mounted in a central area on a wall in the home.
There are many benefits of a ductless heating system:
- Ductless heating systems come in high efficiency models and this means you will be doing your part for the environment by investing in an eco-friendly unit.
- They are quiet, which means you will not be disturbed by excessive noise while trying to relax at home.
- One unit is enough to ensure an entire (average sized) home will have an even distribution of air.
- Most units and models come with a remote control, so you are able to control the air to your desired comfort.
- The most important benefit of a ductless heating system is obvious. The fact there is no need for ductwork and complicated installations means they are a very popular choice as fitting, repairing and replacing is kept simple.